Leave it to my parents to tear apart a brand new semi and redesign the entire layout! Yup, they bought their new home in Simcoe, Ontario about 3 years ago and every time I visit something is torn apart, there is a hole here, a door missing there and I’m pretty sure the next time I am there I will have to search for the toilet because according to Mom, one shouldn’t be able to see the toilet from the kitchen (which is where it is now) – fair enough!
So as soon as they heard about PinkWorkBoots (a.k.a free labour) they were quick to offer the laundry room as one of our projects. No problem! The laundry room is in the basement and is already started. Mom would like it to look nice and be functional and Dad… well as long as he has a place to dry his bike shorts (ew) he is happy.
- yellow walls (possibly stripes on one or more of the walls)
- color palate of yellow, blue and green
- cork flooring
- an 8′ long table that includes a wash tub with storage underneath
- glass tile back splash above the table
- vintage decor – she already has a vintage laundry bag and some washboards
The budget is $2000 which sounds like a lot, but cork flooring is not cheap! Time to start calling in some favors… can we do that yet?
- finish the walls (plaster and mud, prime and paint)
- install the cork floor – really looking forward to this one!
- look for a vintage table and/or butcher block for the table
- learn how to tile :-p & install back splash
- learn how to install a washtub (this is where Dad comes in handy)
- decorate! we are looking forward to visiting a few antique markets to see what we can come up with :)
Sounds pretty straight forward… can’t wait to get my hands on some power tools! I bet my Dad can’t wait either! lol