Conor’s Office (Rebecca’s super wonderful/brave boyfriend)
Conor wants to update his office. He is a Sports Injury Therapist who is a partner at the The Foot Knee Back Clinic in Ancaster, Ontario and has been talking about painting his office since last December. He was pretty quick to offer his office as our first project once he realized that Vanessa & I would be doing all of the work… here are his requests.
- remove shelves
- paint (no specific color request, just lighter)
- new desk
- bookshelf for storage of text books, towels and sheets
- a small unit on wheels for the Ultrasound
- chair for his patients
- frame diplomas and certificates
- beautiful 8×10 of ME! (not really)
Conor’s ideal budget is $500 – umm reality check babe, you want FOUR new pieces of furniture + paint + storage + 5 new frames! So the budget was increased to $1000 with a promise that we would not spend it all. We are going into this project with $750 as our estimated total.
Conor has given us 1 weekend to finish as he needs to be able to treat his patients and has no alternative space. He will be away for most of the weekend June 9-11 so this is when the rejuvenation will take place.
Our plan is as follows:
- Friday Evening – finish filling the holes and get the 1st coat of paint on
- Saturday – 2nd coat of paint, furniture shopping and assembling
- Sunday – accessorize!
We are looking forward to our first project! It’s pretty hard to get Conor to hand over cash like this so I feel a tiny bit of pressure but I am confident that he will appreciate the end result :)